Last week I was lucky enough to be awarded three awards from Mandy at Adventures in Borkdom. Since it took me an embarrassingly long time to respond the last time I was honoured in this way I thought I’d do it right away this time. So without further ado the winners are:
Best Commenter Award
In addition to showing the comment love (and using the awesome graphic) each recipient (who wants to accept the award) must answer the following 9 questions:
- What is your third favourite colour? Red
- Would you rather be: a Jedi, a Pokemon Master or a Wizard/Witch? Choose ONE I would be a Jedi. There aren’t really any female Jedis so I’d be super rare which is rad.
- Who is your favourite Doctor? I’m ashamed to admit I’ve only seen Tennant as the Doctor so… I choose Tennant.
- Can you whistle? Intermittently and never when it would make me look cool.
- Would you name your child Sirius Albus? Nope. I named him Oliver Wellock. If he had been a girl her name would have been Ella Louise.
- What is the answer to Life, the Universe and Everything? Naps.
- Do you own a lawnmower? No, but we don’t own a lawn either.
- Do you think Legolas is a (very pretty) pansy? No, but he may be too pretty.
- What’s the trashiest thing you’ve read in the last year? Should we [Snobbery] cover it for Trashy Tuesday? Outlander but I don’t know how trashy it really is. There’s a lot of sexy times though. Cover it!
So, ladies feel free to pass the award on if you’d like, we can all agree the best part of blogging is when someone takes the time to write a comment and I’m super grateful you 5 have been so active in the Shhh Mommy’s Blogging community!
Beautiful Blogger Award
1. Lucy’s Football – We have the same theme and she always chooses cute/funny pictures to illustrate her posts. Plus, I’ve heard that in real life she’s easy on the eyes.
2. Why This Book? – It’s cool to call a dude beautiful right? Cause he is, for realsies… or at least his blog is. I love the simplicity of his theme, his type writer header and his well chosen images.
3. Broken Penguins – Farah’s purpose behind starting a blog was to talk books and share beautiful pictures and she’s definitely succeeding. Her header is gorgeous (someone’s a graphic artist!) and she always finds stunning photos to illustrate her posts.
4. Librarian Who Doesn’t Say Shhh (that two awards for her so far!) – Miss Anderson appears to be a Photoshop whiz and it makes her blog really attractive. Plus, she does a really pretty Quotastic Friday feature .
5. Between the Covers – I just started reading this one but I love the look of her theme! The colouring is super bookish and I love the little snippets of posts, it just makes everything so clean and modern.
You may have noticed I thanked Mandy for nominating me, linked to her blog, included the award’s image on my blog, nominated seven (or fewer) blogs and linked to their sites. That’s all those nominated have to do if they want to pass the award along.
The Versatile Blogger Award
I have already received and passed this one along but Mandy demands I at least do the 7 Random Things requirement and I can never say no to her:
1. Before I started this blog I had only read Harry Potter and Twilight but now I’m highly addicted to young adult fiction. I have a YA TBR pile that is almost as tall as I am.
2. I can’t stop buying water bottles, I have 5 at home and still get excited when I see new ones in the stores. This also applies to journals.
3. I think Deadwood was the best show on television and I’m highly disappointed with HBO for cancelling it. I was upset enough to not watch their shows but then True Blood and Game of Thrones crumbled my resolve.
4. I’m horribly, horribly addicted to home renovation shows. My poor family has been forced to watch Leave it to Bryan marathons and Property Brothers through dinner. Of course if I ever actually had to pick up a hammer it’d be a disaster.
5. The first movie I saw in the movie theatre was The Little Mermaid. The first movie I saw without my parents was the Lion King, pretty rebellious huh? I still remember all the words to all the songs in both of the movies because I’m awesome!
6. I have 6 tattoos and am constantly coveting more. I have big plans of mermaids, pirate ships and an octopus but we’ll see.
7. I’m a perfectionist and obsessively preview and reread my blog for grammatical and formatting mistakes but still feel panicky when I hit the publish button. Can you imagine what I’d be like if I was actually getting paid for this?
So there you have it, I’m a weirdo but at least some people like me.